Oregon is the 219th best college in America, says Forbes

We cracked the top 250

Forbes released their list of America’s Top Colleges for 2016 with the University of Oregon taking the 219th spot.

The UO Ducks are known for their notable alumni such as Columbia Sportswear CEO and President Timothy Boyle, President of Intel Renée James, and co-founder of Nike Phil Knight. This year has UO jump up from last years’ 232rd spot into #219.

The university’s business administration, journalism and chemistry majors were noted as the most popular majors that are currently offered. Besides the school’s academics, the Ducks boast Division 1 varsity teams. The Ducks have won national championships in men’s golf and men’s and women’s indoor track and field this year.

However, the Eugene-based university is also known for its arts and culture sights on and around campus. The on-campus Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art became recipient to an award from the BRAVA- Business Recognizing Arts Vision & Achievement.

The art museum currently holds a Masterworks on Loan program, including work by Jean Dubuffet and Ha Chong-Hyun. Another on-campus museum, the Museum of Natural and Cultural History features the history of Oregon’s past in industrial and natural changes.

Housing is also a vital part of the campus. UO features nine dorm halls and nine dining venues that sit on the East side of campus while a majority of the school’s class halls on the West. The school has a student population of 24,096: 48% male, 52% female, and approximately 3,600 take part in Greek life.

For the outdoor enthusiast, the school features a bike-heavy presence and many outdoor opportunities in the surrounding mountains, forests, and lakes. It also has seen many new facelifts to its’ buildings; from the recently updated recreation center, psychology building, and upcoming Erb Memorial Union student center.

UO is also ranked on three other Forbes lists: #59 in Public Colleges, #103 in Research Universities, and #40 in the West.

A fantastic sports presence, famous alumni, top-notch research and education, and outdoor recreation make the university what it is today, most likely why the school was given #219.

University of Oregon