Oregon campus gets ‘Chalked Up’ in advance of exhibition launch

Free event spreads word about The Art of EC Comics exhibition opening today

The University of Oregon’s Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art has a new art exhibition opening today, and the student run art magazine Art Ducko was ready to help promote the event in a creative way while getting students and faculty into the summer spirit.

The museum is celebrating the grand opening of its newest exhibition “Aliens, Monster, and Madmen: The Art of EC Comics”. To celebrate the occasion, members of the magazine staff brought out chalk for students to express their creativity in honor of their release.

“There’s a lot of promotion for the EC event tomorrow and Art Ducko has a release party for issue number  5 at the same time which is really great for us”, said Chalk It Up volunteer Lily Scarth.

The free event  featured a spring theme with lemonade, popsicles, and of course plenty of chalk for students to show off their creative potential.

Both the magazine and the exhibit are comic-themed, what better to express excitement than through color?

The event organizer, Julianna Picmanthoon, said: “The exhibit will be comic-related so it’s EC Comics, one of the biggest showings ever so that’s really exciting”.

Julianna decorates the sidewalk in preparation for the magazine’s release tomorrow

“You’re welcome to draw whatever you want – we just ask that you be appropriate”.

Both events are launching today at the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art 6pm.

University of Oregon