A guide for the Fourth Street bar karaoke rookie

Revel in five minutes of fame at Karaoke Nights

So it’s your very first Wednesday Night at Fourth Street Bar & Grill, or maybe it’s your fifth or sixth and you’re still working up the courage to break through that crowd of people and put your name down where it rightfully belongs. Either way, everybody has to lose their karaoke virginity at some point, so here are a few tips to get you started.

Pick a song that the crowd can get into

It can be the throwback everybody loves (personal fav: Ignition Remix), the latest J-Biebs single, or the god of all songs: the beautiful Bohemian Rhapsody. If it’s a song that can get the crowd moving and singing, less of the attention will be on you when you undoubtedly butcher that high note or ruin the start of the second verse.

A pumped up crowd will also get you feeling yourself just enough to let some of those killer dance moves you practiced in the mirror earlier to make an appearance.

You may even start a clap to the beat and begin to command the crowd like the Queen B you are. This may be the beginning of your music career if you play your cards right.

A little liquid encouragement never hurt

In case you need a little extra push to get up on that stage (all terrifying one foot of it), make sure to grab yourself some liquid courage. Better keep the tab open.

Wednesday nights at Fourth Street are $2 wells, shots, and cherry bombs and $2.50 import and craft bottles. So at this point, there’s really no excuse for you to not be demanding that you are next up on that stage of glory.

Bring company

To add some moral support and a little flare, have your friends be your back up dancers. Break into your best Single Ladies routine or Hotline Bling moves to really bring it home.

Or just do this.

And when all else fails, remember that everyone is drunk and nobody even noticed you were karaoke-ing anyway.

Ohio State