OSU Football sent a care package to a six-year-old with cancer and it’s the sweetest thing we’ve ever seen

Darran Dunlap motivates others to stay positive and ‘press on’

This weekend, the Ohio State University football team sent a care package to a six-year-old girl who has been battling cancer for over a year.

Her father, Colin Dunlap of CBS Pittsburgh, is a graduate of West Virginia University and was sports writer for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. While there, he covered the Pirates, area college football and basketball, and the prep sports scene.

The package contained letters signed by Assistant LB Coach Ryan Crow, an OSU football t-shirt, two name badges, a Block-O sticker and more.

Colin Dunlap tweeted a series of photos to share the contents of the package with his followers.

"People continue to amaze us," he wrote. "We have no allegiance or connection to Ohio State football – and this package came for Darran today. What class. They just gained some fans."

Colin joined 93.7 The Fan when it launched in February 2010 as a weekend show host. He also serves as a featured sports columnist for CBSPittsburgh.com. Neither he, nor his family, have any allegiance or connection to The Ohio State University.

In Novemeber 2016, his 5-year-old daughter, Darran, was diagnosed with cancer. "She went to Children's Hopsital complaining of hip pain; they told us she had leukemia," Dunlap wrote.

On December 11, 2016, Dunlap tweeted: "My daughter's body is crushed by chemo but she won't let me carry her up [the] steps to bed. "I'll make it," she says each night – and does. So tough."

The video of Darran making her way up the stairs in her fuzzy, leopard-print slippers has now been retweeted more than 98,000 times and has been "loved" nearly 283,000 times.

Recently, Darran's story has reached the hearts of the Buckeye linebackers. A note from the linebackers came with the package reads, "Darran, you are a rockstar! Never stop fighting!"

From all of us at The Ohio State University, keep fighting Darran!

Ohio State