OSU student calls for the community to help get Joseph to Orlando

It’s time to give back to someone who has given so much to others

Everyone knows Joseph Ramirez. Even if you don't think you do, you know him. He stands near the Starbucks on High Street rain or shine giving away newspapers for donations to the homeless.

He always has a smile on his face, and wishes everyone a great day even if they don't have spare change to donate. Now it's our turn as a community to give Joseph something in return.

Joseph is a hard worker who has recently come into some hard times. He has two children who live in Orlando, Florida, and it is going on two years since he last saw them. Ohio State student, Michael Brockman, set up a GoFundMe account to raise the $2,000 needed to send Joseph to Florida for the holidays. Michael said, "This is all for a good cause and hopefully can result in someone reuniting with their family over the holidays." So far $1,400 has been raised.

There is no better way to spread love and kindness for the holidays than to do something nice for a selfless man like Joseph. Any donation, even of a dollar or two, would mean the world and get him closer to spending the holiday with his children.

Joseph would like everyone to know, "Regardless if you donate or not, God bless you and have a great holiday break." It's easy to take for granted the time we get with our families over the holidays, so let's help Joseph get to Orlando.

Ohio State