BREAKING: Four resign from Mary and Carla’s campaign while Stephen and Laura file a brief for their disqualification

Candidates are pushing for their disqualification after information about TPUSA funding USG campaigns has come to light

Four members from of Mary and Carla’s campaign have resigned effective immediately, following the recent information brought to light over the last few days.

This information included:

Efforts from Turning Point USA, a non-profit conservative organization, to fund Ohio State USG campaigns
• Mary and Carla’s involvement with Turning Point USA.
• Screenshots of a group message of candidates Turning Point USA is supporting which include Mary Honaker and Carla Gracia.
• False accusations against the Brooks Brothers being funded by Turning Point USA, which prompted them to release their financial information.

Following this new information, four members from Mary and Carla’s campaign announced their resignations effective immediately. They are: Michael Frank, Caleb Ross, Spencer Dirrig and Kelly Harrop.

Frank served as Campaign Manger, Ross served as Deputy Campaign Manager, Dirrig served as Advisor to the President and Harrop served as Director of Ground Game for Mary and Carla’s campaign.

Below are the resignation letters from Ross, Dirrig and Harrop.

“I was NOT aware and NOT involved in the alleged activities and I cannot support the campaign any longer,” wrote Ross.

“In the light of new allegations, and after discussions with Mary and Carla, I have been informed of actions I was NOT aware of, NOT involved in, and cannot support,” wrote Dirrig.

“I would like to confirm that the campaigning senators on the slate were also never made aware of these allegations. They are all fantastic people who truly want to better OSU’s campus,” wrote Harrop.

The Tab Ohio State reached out to all four for comment but they all politely declined.

Additionally, Stephen Post and Lauren Todd, candidates running in USG elections have announced that they have filed a brief for the disqualification of Mary Honaker and Carla Gracia.

The statement said:

“On Tuesday evening, we were contacted by a senior member of the Honaker/Carla Gracia ticket, who, after Turning Point USA allegations were made public, presented our team with evidence that alleged that Honaker and Gracia had blatantly violated USG election bylaws. This evidence came in the form of a screenshot of a t-shirt order invoice, in which the campaign allegedly was planning to spend $4,025.54 on shirts. This person also provided us with an additional screenshot for another order, in which the campaign was allegedly planning to spend $3,588.94 on shirts. Per their most recent CVR, the campaign claims to have only spent $871.08 on shirts that were “ordered through one of Mary Honaker’s family friends.” This extreme disconnect between what was being planned and what came to fruition just doesn’t add up.”

We will continue to update this story as it continues to unfold.

Ohio State