The Buckeye fan base is number eight in the world

Even the world knows that we don’t mess around in O-H-I-O when it comes to football

According to a recent survey by FanSided Time Inc. called Fandom 250 which evaluated the prevalence of fandoms relating to sports, entertainment, politics, consumerism, etc., the Ohio State Buckeyes are the number one fandom in college sports and the number 8 fandom overall in the world.

This puts us above well known fandoms that you would think would be higher on the list, like Star Trek (no. 13), Harry Potter (no. 10), and even Disney (no.16).

FanSided said this about the Buckeyes: “Outside of Columbus, they’re one of the most hated groups of fans in college sports, but there’s no denying Buckeyes fans love their athletic programs more than most things in their lives…They won’t only pack their own stadium, either. Ohio State fans may travel better than any other fanbase in the country.”

So Buckeye fans don’t have to be in Columbus to make sure they’re known.

FanBase continued by saying this: “No matter where the Buckeyes are playing, there’s a good chance you’ll see a large contingent of Ohio State fans clad in their signature scarlet and gray cheering them on. The best sports fanbases find a way to watch their teams no matter what, and that’s exactly what the Ohio State faithful have done over the years…So, even if you have hate in your heart for the Buckeyes fans spread out all over the country, you simply can’t deny they’ll love THE Ohio State University until the day they die.”

Every Buckeye knows that this is true – and even then we’ll still be bleeding scarlet and gray. No matter if you are a past, present, or current Buckeye, you are always part of a community filled with spirit and passion for our teams, and as our beloved song goes, “Time and change will surely show how firm thy friendship, O-HI-O.”

Ohio State