This guy got into the OSU game with a Wendy’s gift card as his Buck ID

The sweet security worker just let it happen

Every student who has an OSU football ticket knows that a Buck ID is required to enter the game. It’s printed in bold, black letters right on the ticket.

But, last night, this fact was disproven by Eric Strubhar, a junior at OSU.

Strubhar gained entry to yesterday’s game against Nebraska by showing security a card, but it wasn’t his Buck ID — it was a Wendy’s gift card.

“We were getting ready to leave for the game around 7 pm and I realized I didn’t eat dinner, so I told [my roommate] that we needed to stop for food. We were walking out of the house but I realized I had a Wendy’s gift card  I still needed to use. I ran inside, grabbed it, and we left.”

That’s when the magic happened.

“We were waiting in line. I had my Buck ID on me, but when I reached into my pocket, I grabbed the Wendy’s gift card instead. They look oddly similar, so I didn’t think anything of it. I got to the gate and showed the gift card with my ticket and realized what was happening. The lady looked up at me and was contemplating if she should call me out on it or not. At this point, I just chose not to say anything and she let me pass and said, ‘Enjoy the game.'”

Moral of the story: If you misplace your Buck ID on game day, a picture of a beloved, redheaded, fast food icon will get you in to the ‘Shoe all the same.

Ohio State