More reasons to love Zeke

The star running back is making big plays on and off the field

The former Ohio State running back is off to a fantastic start in his NFL career. Ezekiel Elliot who was drafted 4th overall by the Dallas Cowboys currently leads the NFL in rushing with 703 yards on the ground.

Being drafted so high means two things: big expectations and a big payday. Zeke’s rookie contract is worth $24.9 million with a $16.3 million signing bonus

But Zeke isn’t going out blowing his money on expensive items that some professional athletes do when they receive such a large lump sum of money.

Instead Zeke decided to buy his mom a house back home, near St. Louis.

“It just feels really good to reward my mom,” Elliot told Dallas Morning News. “Finally being able to do something for her for the first time feels really good.”

If that wasn’t enough on, Monday October 17, Zeke sponsored a pet adoption day at the SPCA of Texas allowing people to adopt pets for $21, the same as his jersey number.

“I’m excited for some pets to find some new families and some people to find new best friends,” Elliott said with his own Rottweiler Ace sitting off to the side. “No matter what you’re going through, no matter what’s going on, he’s always going to be there. How can he not brighten up your day?”

In total 48 pets were adopted at the event.

Zeke did this on his day off, a day after he rushed for 157 yards in a win against the Green Bay Packers who had the number one rush defense in the NFL coming into that game.

I'll put it all on the line for my brothers

A photo posted by Ezekiel Elliott (@ezekielelliott) on Oct 17, 2016 at 2:43pm PDT

No wonder why they call him the “hero in the half shirt”.

Ohio State