Bullwinkles is the best part about Columbus

Chances are this is where the majority of Ohio State students will meet their future soulmates

Columbus, Ohio is home to many unique entities such as the Crew, the Blue Jackets, Short North, and The Ohio State University. However, none of these can top the local fan favorite night club/bar called Bullwinkles. If you have not been to Bullwinkles then I would strongly recommend going while also strongly discouraging it at the same time. It is a magical place where you will have the time of your life and the biggest regrets all at the same time.

True Love Happens Here

The show How I Met Your Mother would’ve been only one episode if it took place at Bullwinkles. Even Ted Mosby could’ve found his future soulmate here. All the drinking and dancing that take place here make one night stands inevitable. Chances are this is where the majority of Ohio State students will meet their future soulmates.

Dollar Bombs

As a college student finding money for alcohol can be tough, but do not worry Bullwinkles has you covered! Oh… you literally have $11 to your name? Well even better because that is 11 shots to help drown the sorrows of being a broke student! If you are exactly wondering what a bomb is it is a mix of some type of vodka and Redbull, the perfect type of concoction you need in order to get you hyped before you hit the dance floor.

The Dance Floor

My favorite part about Bullwinkles is the dance floor accompanied by the obnoxious laser light show that one can only appreciate while intoxicated. The floor is spacious, trumping the size of all other dance floors in the area. Furthermore the DJs are always on point with the music. It is basically the closest thing you’ll ever get to an EDC show for free.

Mechanical Bull

Appropriately they finally decided to invest in a mechanical bull where patrons can ride for free. Although it is a gimmick no other campus bar has an attraction like this. Unfortunately the mechanical bull only appears during country night on Wednesdays.

Everyone is Welcome

Well sort of… as long as you are “21” and abide by the dress code. At least you won’t have to worry about freshmen, they can go pay that $10 cover at Big Bar. Bullwinkles has even added in couches for you to comfortably relax on when your legs begin to fail you from all those bombs.

They have Pizza

They call it Winkies Pizza and it is delicious when you are starving from all the partying. Every great night club/bar has some type of dish that their patrons can snack on. I mean who doesn’t love pizza?

Famous People Stop by Occasionally

You know this establishment is legit if famous athletes come here when they come to Columbus. No we aren’t talking about Ohio State football players. Legitimate NFL athletes that have no business come to Bullwinkles for one reason and that is to have a great time.

One of the last good bars on High Street

Chumley’s left us, Too’s and The O will be leaving us soon as well, respectively. Luckily for us Bullwinkles can put the Columbus bar scene on their backs. They are classy enough to recognize the legacies these bars have left on Columbus by offering deals such as “Schooner Night” which was a tradition found only at Chumley’s. Unfortunately Bullwinkles is only a handful of good bars left, making there importance vital to drunk Ohio State students.

There is only so much justice an article can do to truly describe how wonderful this place is. If you do not believe me then you should go find out for yourself.

Ohio State