This is why you should commit to The Ohio State University

We don’t give a damn for the whole state of Michigan

The time has come to where eager high school seniors are making that first of many adult decisions… Where to go for college?

Sure you’ve gotten a handful of acceptance letters and are weighing your options and figuring out where your friends will end up, but trust me, you will want to be the friend that shows the best school out there.

These are the reasons why you should choose THE Ohio State University as “home” for the next four years or so (because who doesn’t love a victory lap?).

Location, location, location

Columbus being right in the middle of Ohio just means that the drive to campus is a relatively easy one. When it’s time to move in or go home for the holidays OSU is a few ours away no matter what part of Ohio you’re from.

For out of staters, we have an airport not far from campus, which also makes travel for spring break pretty easy to maneuver as well. The campus area is pretty condensed. There’s campus on one side of High Street and business on the other. So campus is kept separate from the rest of the city but still right there in the heart of it.

Plus there’s always something to do in Columbus, whether it’s concerts, 5ks or food truck festivals you won’t be bored here.

We’re always expanding

In all my years of visiting Ohio State, there is never a time where there isn’t some sort of construction going on. This is a good and bad thing, but it just means OSU wants to stay beautiful and provide students with some light noise for years to come. But seriously, we’ve been building new dorms for a year now so we’re all about making room for you to join the Buckeye family!

Friendships and academics

You will meet some of the best people in your years at OSU and it’s because they will teach you more about yourself than you thought possible. The diversity in students and staff alike that I’ve experienced here is amazing to put it lightly. I can honestly say that just about every person I’ve met at OSU that I’ve befriended has made me a better person.

We also have some pretty great academics, just ask anyone who has taken any type of chemistry here. We’ve earned a tie #16 spot in the top public universities in the nation, ranking above universities such as Clemson, Pitt and Purdue.

The weather

Coming to Ohio State gives you the chance to experience all four seasons… sometimes in the same week. All jokes aside, autumn and summers in Ohio are timeless. There’s nothing like getting up in the 11th floor of Thompson Library and looking out into the view of the Oval when the leaves are changing. Once the snow melts and the temperatures rise, Oval Beach is up and running with dogs, babes in bikinis and dudes throwing a football or frisbee.

Night life

With the huge presences of bars and night clubs steps away from campus, this makes going out on any day pretty easy. We’re also close to concert venues like the LC Pavilion, Newport Music Hall, The Schottenstein Center and even the Shoe are home to some pretty kickass concerts every year. Whether you like to go out and enjoy drinks or love live music and concerts, we’ve go you covered.

Cal Scruby at Saloon in October

So whether you’re an incoming freshman, trying to convince a sibling or relative to come to OSU, or just feeling nostalgic about the best university out there, Ohio State will not disappoint by any means.

Ohio State