Gerard Basalla will run unopposed in the USG elections

Can you guess who your next President will be?

On Tuesday, February 16th, the Undergraduate Student Council ballot was announced for the upcoming year. From the looks of things, this election may very well turn out to be a landslide to say the least.

Gerard Basalla and running-mate Danielle Di Scala are currently the only names on the ballot for USG President and Vice President. This isn’t the first time we’ve seen an unopposed election take place. Older students may remember Taylor Stepp and Josh Ahart sweeping the USG election in 2013.

The duo has been heavily involved in Ohio State’s student government during their undergraduate career, with Gerard serving as Senator of Social and Behavioral Science, Deputy Director of Student Affairs, and Deputy Chief of Staff this past year. Danielle was also a member of the Senior Staff, serving as Senior Counselor to the Vice President.

Gerard is a native Clevelander studying Strategic Communications and Political Science and Danielle is a Political Science Major from California. Official campaigning will start next Wednesday. We look forward to getting the opportunity to talk to the duo and learn more about what they have to offer for the Ohio State community. Stay tuned!

Gerard Basalla and Danielle Di Scala making the beginning and ending letters of Script Ohio

Ohio State