Are Black Tap Burger’s milkshakes really worth the hype?

Dessert just got a lot bigger

Black Tap Burger’s milkshakes have been talked about endlessly around NYU and online, become a Lafayette Hall building program, and brought droves of tourists and natives alike, who are willing to wait as long as necessary to get their hands on one. So of course, I had to try one.

When you get to the entrance at the intersection of 14 St/8 Av, there will be a line that usually looks like this:

Typical wait times are two hours. A little over an hour and a half later, and a delicious burger and fries later, the main feature was on its way.

Mine, in front, was a Vanilla Cookie, which comes with a chocolate chip vanilla ice cream sandwich, cookie crumbles frozen around the cup, and lots of chocolate drizzle. My brother’s was a Cotton Candy, which has a giant lollipop, two rock candy sticks, and a few other goodies stuck delicately in cotton candy.

$15 per shake. A nearly two hour wait in freezing temperatures. Still definitely worth trying at least once. Just make sure to bring a coat and an appetite.

NYU