Thanksgiving diaries of an international freshman

Workouts are for the weak

Thanksgiving is the shit. I know you all love it, and so do I.

Everybody has their own traditions and ways of spending this wonderful holiday. Although what can an NYU freshman loner (me) do if she’s not going home?

Well, I can now answer this question: sleep, eat, Netflix repeat and much more.

Obviously not excluding the above I focused on being kinda productive. I got to actually do what normal people do, and for just a little bit, get a life, before marrying my laptop for good.

Wednesday

I don’t know about you, but Wednesdays in my world are little Fridays. Given the long weekend, it was not a little, but a big ass, Friday…

Perhaps I was slightly late with feeling the Halloween-y vibe, BUT what can be better than adding a little bit of pumpkin spice into this world (white girl joke). So yeah.

Starbucks drink was however not the highlight of my day, a visit to Sleep No More was and it made the day spooky. Interactive theater is a polite way to describe it — a creepy and fucking awesome haunted house is another. It was probably the most confusing experience I’ve ever had.

The goal is to wander around in a labyrinth of a haunted hotel filled with actors, except it’s not all that chill.

WARNING: blood, naked actors and screaming is involved. And no, its not what ya’ll dirty minded readers think.

A perfect end to that night was a classy chill in a jazz bar. Probably not the wildest fake Friday night, but still good enough for a Wednesday.

Yeah, that’s what you’re supposed to wear on your face during the entire time of the quest.

Thursday

TURKEY DAY

On the agenda: total pig out feast.

Just to get in the mood, I just had to go to Macy’s to see the famous parade. Too bad I overslept… Although it didn’t matter too much, because obviously it’s all about dat dinner. Some like it traditional, but as a rebel, I ended up at a French restaurant.

Although of course turkey and a bunch of cranberry sauce couldn’t be avoided.

Friday

Total blackout and shopping therapy.

Yes, I went to SoHo despite my wish to stay in bed all day. And just as a celebration of the newly bought crap the day ended in a speakeasy.

Saturday

Workout day.

Jokes. Who needs workouts during Thanksgiving break? Workouts are for the weak.

Still, in order to avoid the post-feasting guilt I chose to go ice-skating… guess that works.

Sunday

Denial and tears.

Reality just slapped me in the face.

This was followed by a short depression and a mini existential crisis related to all good things coming to an end. Can we like have holidays all year long pls.

Netflix saved my lost soul at this point.

NYU