President Obama shows no love for the Irish

He predicts us losing in the second round

President Obama conducted one of his most anticipated and most controversial presidential exercise for the eighth and final time.

He made his bracket picks for the upcoming men’s NCAA tournament.

This year Obama picked the top rated Kansas Jayhawks to win the tournament, his third time doing so. More interesting than this, however, is the fate the President chose for Notre Dame.

Last year, President Obama correctly predicted the Irish’s run to the Elite Eight, a streak few saw coming.

Yet like too many fans across the country, our Commander and Chief believes that Mike Brey and the Irish will exit the tournament with a loss to West Virginia in the round of 32. His bracket predicts a showdown with Bob Huggins’ West Virginia Mountaineers in which Notre Dame succumbs to the famous “Press Virginia.”

Irish fans need not to fret about President Obama’s picks because in the end, he is like any bracketologist: just guessing. He has only correctly predicted the national champion just once, in 2009 with a stroke of beginner’s luck.

West Virginia is certainly a solid team and is built to make a deep tourney run, but Notre Dame is actually a team that can give them trouble.

What the president, and other pundits, may forget is that the Irish are stocked with outstanding ball handlers and shooters such as Demetrius Jackson and Steve Vasturia. Notre Dame’s ability to push the court and hit big buckets quickly could prove to be the perfect antidote to West Virginia’s frenetic press.

That’s more like it

When the game’s start it doesn’t matter who picked who; it’s just a matter of playing the game right, which ND will do.

Thanks Obama… for the motivation.

Notre Dame University