Notre Dame mourns the loss of junior Theresa Sargatz

Our thoughts and prayers are with her family

21-year-old Theresa Sagartz, a former resident of Pangborn, was found dead Wednesday in her off campus apartment.

According to a report, Sagartz suffered from a medical condition, and most likely died from natural causes. An autopsy was performed yesterday, but results have not yet been released.

Originally from Albuquerque, New Mexico, she was an active member in the College Republicans, serving as an NDCR officer. In an email to the Notre Dame College Republicans, the other officers wrote Sargatz “was not only a tremendous asset to our team here, but an overall incredible and lovely woman. Her passion for her research and her studies was nothing short of admirable, and she contributed greatly to our success as a club.

“Theresa served for two years as Social Affairs Officer on the board of College Republicans, where she helped to coordinate countless events, from organizing the concessions stand to a cookout for war veterans. A bubbly and enthusiastic person, Theresa was passionate about Republican values and served her position well.”

Fr. Jenkins issued a statement asking for the Notre Dame community to keep Theresa in their prayers, and invited all to a memorial mass that will be held the Monday following Spring Break to celebrate her memory.

Our thoughts and prayers are with Theresa and her family during this difficult time.

Notre Dame University