Notre Dame featured as one of the most beautiful campuses in the US

No surprise

In yet another list, this one by Conde Nast Traveler, Notre Dame’s campus has been included in the list of the most beautiful campuses in the US.

Domers know it all too well: the vast array of colors which change seasonally, the sparkling view of St. Mary’s and St. Joseph’s lake, and of course, the Golden Dome.

We can go on about Notre Dame’s campus for hours – but not all the beauty can be attributed to Mother Nature.

What makes our little flat patch of land at South Bend so perfect is the confluence of it all: the amazing characters we meet, the friendly faces, and the unique community. This campus houses one of the most special communities, and there is no better community to match the spirit which exists all around campus.

Join us at the Main Building for a candlelit midnight prayer service in honor or #mlkday #ndwalkthewalk photo by Brian Fremeau

A photo posted by Notre Dame (@notredame) on Jan 17, 2016 at 8:14pm PST

All of this, working together with the natural and structural beauty that we live in everyday, is what truly makes our campus uniquely beautiful.

Of course, there is one thing we can’t forget. You want to know what makes this perfect synergy so unique and so special?

A photo posted by Notre Dame (@notredame) on Jan 5, 2016 at 2:37pm PST

Warm Thanksgiving greetings from Notre Dame! We're so thankful Fr. Sorin stopped here 173 years ago today with his inspired vision for a great university!

A photo posted by Notre Dame (@notredame) on Nov 26, 2015 at 8:38am PST

The fact that it is all happening under the watchful eyes and maternal love of Our Lady on the Dome.

Notre Dame University