NCSU alumna injured in Las Vegas Shooting while attending the Route 91 Harvest Festival

She is expected to make a slow but full recovery

Jenna DeCandio, a graduate of the NC State College of Textiles, was with her parents celebrating her recent graduation on Sunday night when disaster struck.

During Jason Aldean's set, shots were fired from the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay hotel into the crowd. At least 59 people were killed and 527 injured, Jenna being one of them.

According to her mom Jill's Facebook page, Jenna was shot in the hip and had to undergo surgery.

Afterwards, Jill said, "we haven't spoken to the doctors yet but the nurse said the bullet missed her stomach, bowels, intestine, vital organs and arteries and for that we are truly thankful."

Jenna spoke to myCentralJersey, telling them "I appreciate all the thoughts and prayers and people taking time to see if my family and I are OK." She is expected to stay in the hospital until she is able to do things on her own and is being visited by a physical therapist to begin the long road to recovery.

Jenna had moved to New Jersey for a job as a knit programmer after graduation but is originally from Cary, NC.

Her Facebook friends have shared that well wishes, cards or flowers can be sent to:

Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center

Jenna DeCandio, Room #5628

3186 S. Maryland Pkwy. Las Vegas, NV 89109

.

North Carolina State University