NC State ranked 33 best public university in America

Making mama proud

There are tons of different rankings for US colleges and universities, but U.S. News is one of the most significant.

The data for U.S. News and World Report Best Colleges for 2018 has been released and NC State ranked 81st. We're in the top 100 out of 300 schools and that's something to celebrate.

? P A C K • #ncstate #wpn

A post shared by Omer Yurtseven (@omeryurtseven) on Sep 10, 2017 at 9:58am PDT

Notably, NC State ranked 33 for Top Public Schools and 46 for Best Value Schools.

The value ranking takes into account a school’s academic quality based on its U.S. News Best Value Colleges ranking and the 2016-17 net cost of attendance (for a student who received the average level of need-based financial aid).

US News base their rankings on graduate outcomes (year-by-year completion and graduation rates), the number of students receiving Pell Grants, faculty resources, student satisfaction, financial resources, expert opinion, student excellence and alumni giving.

That's a lot of numbers, but long story short, we are one of the best in the nation, yet again. Unfortunately, UNC and Duke scored higher but let's not talk about that.

North Carolina State University