Reynolds Coliseum Hall of Fame induction unites the Wolfpack family

The grand reopening was one for the books

This Friday night was different from most. Instead of going to a party or Netflix binge-watching, members of the Wolfpack gathered together with a common goal. To celebrate the athletic greats that have come through our university and left a legacy to be remembered.

Students take pictures with Jimmy V’s statue in the new Coaches Corner

The Reynolds Coliseum was officially reopened at a formal gala that included the 2016 NC State Athletic Hall of Fame inductions. Hundreds of people young and old gathered in their fancy red and white and shared memories of Wolfpack sports history. The event was even broadcasted live on the ACC Hall of Fame network so fans could watch from afar.

The six Hall of Fame inductees

The ceremony started with a recap of the significant events that have occurred in the old Reynolds. We’ve seen presidents, political figures (like MLK Jr.), concerts and of course sporting events in the 70 years that Reynolds has been standing. According to the introduction video, Reynolds Coliseum is one of the nine hallowed locations on NC State’s campus.

Chancellor Woodson invited some special guests to help him cut the ribbon

Remembering the legendary football player, Dick Christy

Things got a little emotional when the 1974 Men’s Basketball team came on stage. Something about having people of all ages throw up a wolfie hits home. These men were the first ones to bring home a championship for the Pack and they beamed with pride and adoration for their alma mater.

Not gonna lie, I got a little teary-eyed when it sunk in that these people are my family. There is no age limit to the Wolfpack.

The new coliseum is so retro and technologically savvy. There are interactive games, walls covered in interesting facts about our university’s history, and cases full of memorabilia from various State sports teams. There’s something for everyone at the new and improved Reynolds Coliseum.

The new Hall of Famers were kind enough to sign autographs for their fans, further proof that we’re one big, happy Wolfpack family.

North Carolina State University