UMich ranked 44th on Forbes’ America’s Top Colleges List

We are the highest ranked university in Michigan and second-highest in the Big Ten

Forbes recently compiled a 2016 ranking of America’s Top Colleges, and the University of Michigan was ranked 44th on the list. This should come as no surprise, however, as we do pride ourselves for being the leaders and best that we are. This is Forbes’ ninth annual ranking of the best colleges and universities across the United States, and it ranks the top 660 institutions in the nation. The ranking focuses on what students are getting out of college rather than what types of students get into the institution. The categories that were looked at to compile this ranking included post-graduate success, student satisfaction, and graduation rate, which are all things that UMich excels in.

UMich was the highest-ranked college in the state of Michigan, with Kalamazoo College coming at number 90 and Michigan State coming in at number 149. However, we were the second-highest of all Big Ten schools – only Northwestern came in before us at number 15. As far as other Big Ten schools, Wisconsin was closest behind us at number 69 and Ohio State came in at number 160, with most other schools in the conference coming in somewhere between 100 and 200.

It’s reasons like this why we should be proud to be Wolverines, so wherever you go, go blue!

University of Michigan