Tear-jerking moments all UMich students have experienced

*Cry Me a River plays softly in the background*

College is full of emotional moments. Here at UMich, we’re no strangers to heartbreak, disappointment, stress, rejection, and a whole slew of other tear-jerking emotions.

Whether you sniffle at the sight of a cute dog in the Diag or find yourself sobbing because you stepped on the M on an already stress-filled day, rest assured that you’re far from alone when it comes to your sadness. Sometimes, you just have to let it all out.

Here are some universally depressing experiences all Wolverines have (or will have) experienced during their time on campus. Grab the tissues.

There was a pop quiz the one time you skipped the class

You decided to “treat yo self” this ONE time and what do you get? A missed pop quiz, which by the law of “Bad Things Happen to Good People” somehow majorly affects your grade.

You just barely missed the last bus of the night

That late night study grind got out of hand and before you knew it, it was 2:15. You rushed to catch the last bus, but as you got to CC… the bus pulled away. The tears flow freely as you call an Uber.

You had to get out of bed before noon on a Sunday

College-aged people are not designed to be up at this hour.

The dining hall ran out of chicken tenders right before you got there

…And you were forced to be an “adult” and get a salad. You never know a good thing until you show up just shy of receiving that good thing.

It’s finals season

The worst of all seasons, even worse than a Michigan winter.

You realize the semester is almost done

Tears of joy or tears of sadness? For most it’s both. No more school work? Joy. No more being at the greatest university in the world until fall semester (or indefinitely for those graduating)? Sadness, absolute sadness.

University of Michigan