Ross is ranked among Forbes’ top 20 business schools

#15 in the country, #1 in our hearts

Forbes has ranked University of Michigan’s Ross School of Business #15 on their 2015 list of America’s best business schools, so if you were on the fence about that minor in Business, consider this your sign to apply.

The renowned business magazine was brief with its description of Ross, focusing primarily on its namesake, Stephen Ross, and his donation of “$321 million to school that bears his name.”  We’re all familiar with the renovations marked by this donation, and so it seems fitting that the article capitalize on everyone’s favorite source of construction here at U of M.

What the excerpt fails to capture is just how much happens inside Ross. Upon walking into the main atrium, students are immediately drawn into the Starbucks-fueled flow of market openings and closings, lively debates, and intense influx of business casual.

“Around 25 percent of the 2017 class come from ‘non-traditional’ backgrounds” the excerpt continues, briefly hinting at Ross’s appeal to all majors. Yet that isn’t the only non-traditional aspect of Ross. (We’re about to go back to those renovations.)

As one adjusts to the tidal movement of the students within, another feature of this building stands out. Ross’s all glass ceiling leaves one with the impression the ceiling has simply been lifted off…or that Ross is actually a cleverly designed, giant green house. Let that sink in, leaders and best. 15th best business school, but the best green house.

There’s no arguing Ross nurtures the next generation of budding business aficionados within its walls, which is ultimately where we should all focus when thinking about this great school. (Let’s let that ongoing construction issue slide.)

We’re all excited to see how the continued evolution of Ross affects its future rankings — almost as excited as those in the area are to see the end of that melodious 7am construction.

Keep it up Ross!

University of Michigan