Students are reacting to the Norovirus spread in the funniest way possible

Yakking in the toilet and on their phones

It is safe to assume Michigan students are equipped to handle most things in life — venturing through the tundra and getting frostbite in March, making it on time to back-to-back classes from North Quad to the School of Ed (thanks Michigan time), scoping out the best study spots in the Stacks that don’t make you feel like you’re in the Chamber of Secrets — the list goes on and on.

And how have Michigan students been handling the fear of the alleged spread of Norovirus on their Ann Arbor campus? With an even faster spread of perseverance, positivity, and humor.

The students have turned to their favorite social media platforms — Facebook, Twitter, and especially Yik Yak — to boost morale regarding this terrifying plague. And let me tell you, this stuff is hilarious.

This handle on the Norovirus invasion is turning potential assembly lines of vomiters in The Ref to eruptions of laughter. And we’re OK with that.

When the student becomes the teacher

Comparing Greek Life to a contagious plague — classic

Realizing there is no way you can catch Norovirus if you have no one to catch it from

A beautiful tribute to Slim Shady, or should I say Slimmer-since-Noro Shady

When the maize and blue have turned green, but not green and white

When diet plans fail, there’s always a pathogen to rely on

‘You only live once, that’s the motto, Noro, YOLO’

The Walking Dead: South Quad edition

TBT to the Black Plague

Before you get personal, get Purell-sonal

South Quad is taking this ‘you can’t sit with us’ thing way too far

Lay in bed and snooze or head to Skeeps and booze?

Good thing Norovirus can’t spread through Likes

‘And all you fellas leave your girl with her friends, cause it’s 11:30 and the club is puking, puking’

Let’s recruit the guy who plays the harmonica outside of the UGLi for this one

Throwing shade at Chipotle in the most hilarious way possible

Things could be worse

‘Hey baby, you come here often? I haven’t had explosive diarrhea in 15 hours’

Noro and Boots have made it to Ann Arbor

The only plus side to living in Bursley

And a final announcement to turn the hysteria into a night of intentional vomiting

University of Michigan