Spartan guys: Here’s how to get the perfect fall look

It’s time to ditch the Sperrys and overpriced Oxford shirts

We all struggle when it comes to fashion sometimes. Let’s end the stereotype that guys “can’t be stylish” because guess what – we can.

With some warmer-than-normal Michigan weather this October, the choice between shorts or jeans has never been more challenging for your average college male. But guys, it’s time. The temperature has dropped, and what used to be 75 and sunny is now below 50 and windy. This calls for major outfit changes, and The Tab is here to help.

Throw a jean jacket over your favorite flannel

This fall on campus, we recommend warm tones and denim. Oh, and layers – lots of them. Try incorporating a jean jacket over a flannel, because you can never go wrong with flannels in fall, and add your favorite tee to complete the top part of this look. You can even throw in that retro MSU crewneck your parents got you for Christmas last year.

Roll up those jeans

For a bottom-half look, the possibilities are truly endless. Try jeans or cool pants, roll up the cuffs, and finish with some nice boots or high-top Converse sneakers. Add some cool socks to really make you and your shoes stand out.

Get your school spirit on

Nothing screams fall like football and college gameday, and with Michigan weather, you never know what you’re gonna get. Go for an easy classic by grabbing your favorite MSU shirt, a pair of cool jeans and the best sunglasses you own to cheer on your Spartans in style (or to just grab a coffee at Biggby).

Cheers, and enjoy knowing you’re the best-dressed dude to walk down Grand River today.

Michigan State