We asked MSU students in gym clothes if they were actually going to the gym

They didn’t choose the athleisure life, the athleisure life chose them

“Athleisure” wear is a new trend in the fashion world that has been accepted with wide open arms It’s no secret that running tights and yoga pants are a thousand times better than skinny jeans (this is a scientific fact – you don’t need to look it up, just trust me), but recently it has become high fashion to strap on a pair of Nike sneakers and a pair of Lululemons even when the gym is not the destination in mind.

The popular trend can be spotted everywhere on campus so we decided to ask our fellow yoga-pants-loving students if they were actually going to the gym or just needed something comfortable to get them through studying for finals.

Sammi, Professional Writing

“I’m heading to IM West pretty soon! I actually go to the gym a couple times a week.”

Oh yeah, totally, same here *smashes muffin into face*

Anonymous, French

“Oh, this is definitely a style thing.”

Even if she’s not working out, this outfit is working!

Noah, Pre-Dental

“I might go later, but right now it’s so that I can actually make it through my lecture.”

Nothing has ever been so relatable.

Hannah, Kinesiology

“Actually I just came from a workout class, otherwise I don’t normally dress like this.”

I don’t even look that good for class, let alone a fitness one.

Raelyn, Kinesiology and Pre-Dental

“Well, I have class now but I’m going to the gym right after.”

With two majors, saving time is a must and what better way to do that then by making your outfit seamlessly transition from class to gym?

Surprisingly, working out was a main reason behind wearing workout gear. But there’s no doubt that the comfort aspect as well as the chicness played a part. Regardless, this trend is one that is welcome to stick around for a long time.

Michigan State