You’re a Spartan, Harry

If Harry Potter and his friends went to MSU

This isn’t Hogwarts anymore. Harry Potter and his “wizarding world” of friends (and enemies) are trading their magical lives for the good ol’ green and white. No, we are not talking about the infamous House of Slytherin. They are coming to Michigan State University, residing on the banks of the Red Cedar, and it is our job to sort them into their dorms. Let’s see where the Sorting Hat has placed them.

Harry Potter

Harry is very brave, and is always the first to stand up for what is right. He also tried out for Gryffindor’s Quidditch team during his first year at Hogwarts and made the team, continuing his father’s legacy as the Seeker. He cares about his friends and puts them before anything else. We would place Harry into Wilson Hall in South Neighborhood, giving him a close walk to athletic fields for Quidditch practice, as well as a central location for him to meet up with Ron and Hermione.

Ron Weasley

Ronald Weasley is one of seven Weasley children, and seems to be the most immature in his early years at Hogwarts. He is always making jokes and is always in the middle of trouble. But, at the end of the day he is Harry’s best friend and sidekick; he would do anything for him and the rest of the gang. Ron would live in Brody Neighborhood, until switching at the end of the first semester to room with Harry.

Hermione Granger

Hermione is the A+ student at Hogwarts so it is easy to assume she would be the same here at MSU- striving to be the best at everything. She is smart and very clever and always helping Harry and Ron out of a mess they made. Hermione would be at Michigan State on a full-ride scholarship, in the Honors Program and the head of multiple clubs and organizations. We would have her live in Landon Hall in North Neighborhood. It not only fits her style and has a great room for studying, but is very central to everywhere she would need to be with a schedule as busy as her’s.

Draco Malfoy

Malfoy, who is widely known as Harry’s enemy at Hogwarts, is always plotting to ruin Harry and his friends lives, blaming them for his faults and trying to gain revenge against them one spell at at time. With a band of followers who do whatever he says, Draco would spend his four years at Michigan State University in Shaw Hall along River Trail, hidden, but seemingly appearing out of nowhere when it is time for him to strike.

Although there are some dorms here at Michigan State that would seem as if they were pulled from the pages of a Harry Potter novel, we can only imagine what it would be like to be a part of the great series written by J.K. Rowling, and the magical adventures that would go along with it, here at MSU.

Michigan State