Car crashes into side of Delta Chi house

No one involved has life-threatening injuries

At around 6:45pm on Monday a driver lost control of his Chevy Trail Blazer and slammed directly into the side of the Delta Chi Fraternity house.

According to one brother: “He (the driver) was turning left off of Grand River right past Delta Chi.

“We just had a brand new fence put in this past summer and he ran right through it.

“A couple of our brothers jumped through an open window on the first floor to try to flag down the driver and stop the car.”

Delta Chi has requested that the names of their brothers not be released but one of them was caught between the car and the outside house wall when the accident occurred.

He said: “I was out on the front lawn and heard car horns going off and then the driver whipped a turn and ran into the fence.

“I dodged the car and jumped in the window and tried to turn the car off and before I could, he nailed the house and I flew out of the car window and slammed into the house.”

The driver and Delta Chi member were both treated for some minor injuries on scene.

We were also able to speak with East Lansing police Lieutenant Scot Sexton, who said: “It came out as a vehicle that had struck the frat house.

“Our units arrived and we made sure that the occupant received medical attention, his injuries are not life-threatening.

“The fire department was able to check the structural integrity of the house, which they deemed to be OK.”

At this time the East Lansing police department was not able to give out any information about the driver or the vehicle. There will be more information to follow once we get it.

Michigan State