How to pretend you actually know what’s going on with MSU basketball

Think of it as the SparkNotes on how to be a Spartan fan

If you’re confused about what’s been going on with Michigan State’s basketball program the past few weeks, here’s a list of things you NEED to know:

Josh Jackson, the #3 recruit on ESPN’s Top 100, committed to Kansas (instead of Michigan State). Somewhat expected because there definitely was a higher chance he would go to the Jayhawks. However, the Spartans were hopeful to get Jackson because he is from Detroit, he’s friends with the other recruits in his class coming to Michigan State and his girlfriend is going to play basketball at Michigan (of course).

Michigan State has four top recruits coming to play for the 2016-2017 season: Miles Bridges (#6 on ESPN’s Top 100), Joshua Langford (#14 in ESPN’s Top 100), Cassius Winston (#30 in ESPN’s Top 100), and Nick Ward (#39 in ESPN’s Top 100). That gives Izzo two five star players and two four star players, according to ESPN’s rankings. The Spartans are definitely still in good shape despite Jackson’s decision.

Deyonta Davis, MSU’s most dominant center next to Matt Costello who is unfortunately graduating this year, has decided to go to the NBA draft instead of returning to play at the Breslin. Although we understand it’s the best decision for his career, it’s sad to see him go so soon.

Marvin Clark Jr. and Javon Bess, two up-and-coming current sophomores for MSU, will be transferring to other basketball programs for the 2016-2017 season. Where? We’re not sure yet!

Denzel Valentine, Bryn Forbes and Matt Costello will be graduating this semester, so the Spartans will be saying goodbye to three of our best players (plus Javon Bess and Marvin Clark Jr.). Many would argue that saying goodbye to just Denzel Valentine was enough.

Spartans, don’t lose hope yet! Our four new recruits makes Michigan State’s 2016 recruiting class #3 in the nation and #1 in the Big Ten according to 247Sports. Go Green!!!

Michigan State