Michigan State ranked 7th best school for college basketball fans

Although to be honest, we should probably be number one

Recently, MSU was ranked #7 in “The 25 best colleges to go to if you’re obsessed with college basketball” on Business Insider. However, as a Spartan I must say we’re #1. We are a family and one bad game against… who did we play again?… won’t define us or the future of Michigan State basketball. We’ll be back next year. Spartans Will and Go Green!

Although Michigan State may have fallen short this March Madness, there’s no doubt the Spartans will be back next season with four (hopefully five – cough cough Josh Jackson) of the top recruits in the country and a fresh start. Miles Bridges, Cassius Winston, Joshua Langford and Nick Ward – welcome to the Spartan family.

Losing in the first round of March Madness does not take away the fact that we won the Big Ten Championships (in football too) and that we were ranked in the top 5 for the majority of the season. Everyone and their mother had us going to the Final Four (or at least to the second round), but life goes on. I guess that’s the reason people love March Madness so much – one bad game and it’s over.

What’s so great about Michigan State is that no matter what happens – if we don’t pull through in the end like usual – we pick ourselves back up. We will always be a top basketball and football school because of our determination and mindset.

Not to mention, the players mean so much to the student body and university as a whole. On senior night, Denzel Valentine, Bryn Forbes and Matt Costello were honored with a roaring crowd and standing ovations for their dedication and hard work at MSU. When Izzo made his speech about Denzel, I think the whole Breslin Center was in tears.

Michigan State