The 2016 Honor’s College spring egg hunt

Everybody loves a good Easter egg hunt

Thought college students couldn’t have some good old immature fun? Think again because the Honor’s College just hosted a glow in the dark spring egg hunt with just a touch of glow in the dark ultimate frisbee on the side.

After spending upwards of $400 at Meijer, Rozzie Bloch and other members of the Honor’s College had successfully bought 600 Easter eggs and something like 2,000 pieces of candy! Then they were ready to kick off spring with an egg hunt…in the dark!

Come Friday April 1st, Rozzie and the rest of the team hid all 600 eggs around Munn Field and invited anyone to come look for eggs to get not only candy but also raffle prizes! At around 8pm people were playing frisbee and waiting for the call to search for all those eggs, and nobody was gonna hold back. People ran around the field as if they were running for their lives (and I guess when you’re in college, candy and life are basically the same thing anyway).

Everyone had lots of fun and freaked out when people started yelling “Check your eggs for raffle tickets!” because what’s better than getting free candy? Getting other free things that’s what!

Although the actual egg hunt lasted no more than 15 minutes, no one was ready to leave the field or get out of the cold. When the raffle was called around 8:45 everyone gathered around like it was a competition on who could get closest to the prize table that had been beautifully set up by Rozzie and her team.

After the raffle the frisbee throwing resumed. The volume of laughter that filled the field could probably have been heard all the way back in East Neighborhood. People were joking around, diving for light up frisbees that flew through the air like UFOs or something. Rozzie and her team set to collecting all the easter eggs because, after spending $400+ on them you aren’t really about to give them up very easily.

While cleanup began, cookies were passed out to anyone who had come, so even if you didn’t get free candy during the egg hunt you got free cookies anyway. Free things are the best draw in for college students. I mean, 600 eggs sounds like a lot, but when they’re all put together you actually see how much it really is so props to Rozzie and the rest of her team for actually taking the time to hide them all around Munn Field. That must’ve taken all day.

Everyone I talked to had so much fun. Even though technically we’re all adults at this school that doesn’t mean we’re actually adults yet and it’s always fun to embrace your inner child and just run around a field just for the hell of it. Easter was passed but that wasn’t gonna stop the egg hunt from happening.

Overall I’m pretty sure the egg hunt was just an excuse to goof off but who cares. We’re coming up on the end of the semester so the professor’s are piling on the work and everybody needs to blow off steam sometimes. Everybody had big grins on their face and you could tell that the stress of the end of the semester had just rolled off their shoulders.

“Everyone! Don’t forget to come back next year, we’re gonna have 2,400 eggs!”

You aren’t gonna wanna miss the Spring Egg Hunt 2017, that’s for sure.

Michigan State