I asked Tinder crushes to reveal their worst Valentine’s Days to me

‘Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re gonna get’

It’s that time of the year again…Valentine’s Day. Whether you’re single, in a serious relationship or just completely trying to avoid the holiday, the day is here. For those of you that are looking for some company on the special day and are running out of options, try checking Tinder. Yes, I did just say Tinder. While it may seem like the desperate place for a single to go, who knows maybe it’ll work for you!

I decided to spend some time on Tinder for a few days testing out the opinions of Valentine’s Day. Of course not every college guy wants to talk about the day, but some of the responses were enough to get a conversation going. I started off by asking matches what their worst Valentine’s Day experience was. Some of the answers were interesting to say the least…

OK so maybe not all guys are always in the wrong.

Sometimes there is the occasional “sweet” guy who just just wants his candy bar…

Of course lastly there’s the obvious statement…

While some of those sounded pretty brutal, not all Valentine’s Days are destined to end in the worst way possible, don’t be discouraged! There is still the possibility you could meet your valentine on Tinder, right?

Now maybe you’re wondering what you could even say to get someone to be your valentine? Problem solved, try one of these cheesy pick up lines like I did.

“Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re gonna get.”

Trying to go for the conversational pick up line is always a good go to.

I even got a favorite heart out of that one!

A cheesy pick up line isn’t always needed, try a simple be my valentine.

Whether you’re actually looking for a valentine or just looking for some amusement on the holiday, Tinder can clearly provide you with either. So don’t hole up on your couch or in your dorm, watching romance movies wondering about all of the other better things you could be doing. Make it an interesting Valentine’s Day, single or not.

All you have to do is swipe right!

Michigan State