Maryland is a top 50 ranked school in powerful alumni networks

‘Some factors contributing to Maryland’s ranking were our extensive alumni association, with chapters spanning across the globe from the United States to Germany and China’

Bestcollegevalues.org recently released it’s list of the 50 most powerful alumni networks in America and the University of Maryland comes in at 36.

The website considered a large number of factors in their study including alumni financial contributions, employment rate post-graduation, student ratings of alumni networks, reputation of the school, and size of the LinkedIn alumni base.

The rankings were based on a number score, ranging from the lowest, Michigan State with 17.70, to the highest, Stanford University with 30.53.

Maryland received an overall score of 19.91.

Some factors contributing to Maryland’s ranking were our extensive alumni association, with chapters spanning across the globe from the United States to Germany and China, and our online network where alumni can connect and locate career opportunities.

The study also found that the percentage of alumni in management positions is 23.68% and the percentage of alumni giving is 10%.

University of Maryland