What you need to know from this week’s UMD Police Reports

Continuous thefts and a case of stalking occured

We looked over UMD’s police reports from the last week, and here’s what you need to know.

In a shocking turn of events, a group of harmless sheep found their barn vandalized early last Tuesday morning. In addition, on November 20th University Police responded to a report of state damage to the university’s apiary, which if you didn’t know is a collection of beehives.

Yes, we actually have one of those.

On a more serious note, on November 16th at 12:24 am, University Police responded to a report of an assault at the University Health Center.

The next day they responded to a Title IX (the federal law that prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex) related incident at Wicomico Hall, however the incident was soon deemed noncriminal.

A report of harassment/stalking was also reported to the police on November 21st, at Prince Frederick Hall.

There were several reports of theft over the duration of the week, including incidents at Leonardtown Community, Lot 1, and the Kim Engineering Building. These have just been a few in a series of thefts occurring on campus this semester that have led to an increase in campus security, with Residence Hall faculty emphasizing the importance of locking doors and not letting in tailgaters.

So, fellow Terps, lock up your doors, keep your eyes peeled for sheep tormentors, and stay safe.

University of Maryland