ESPN ranks Maryland #1 basketball team

The road to Houston begins NOW

ESPN ranked Maryland No. 1 in their annual ESPN preseason power rankings after the Terps were ranked No. 3 in both the Coaches and AP Poll.

OUR HIGHEST RANKING SINCE WE WON THE 2002 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

The Terps are coming off of one of their best seasons in school history, breaking a regular-season record with 26 wins, and tying a school-record of 28 wins.

This season they now become the hunted instead of the hunter. Will they be able to handle all of the hype and expectations?

Many analysts believe Maryland has what it takes to make a run at a Final Four and ultimately be a national title contender. They have one of the most talented, deepest rosters in the country, even with Dion Wiley out for the season.

I mean…

Left to right: Robert Carter Jr., Rasheed Sulaimon, Diamond Stone, Melo Trimle, Jake Layman

*sheds tear*

The Terps cannot buy into the hype, this team has to stay humble…or…#StayMelo.

With the talent on this team, along with expectations, this team will more than likely perform at a high level, especially with the BEST student section in the country backing them.

LIT^

It’s the time of the year. Maryland is back on top, they are back in the spotlight and they are playing to win it all.

Michigan State and Wisconsin you better move over, there are new kids on the block now.

First name: MARYLAND

Last name: TERRAPINS

The Terps begin their season against Mount St. Mary’s tonight at Xfinity Comcast Center at 7 p.m. The road to Houston begins NOW.

University of Maryland