JMU student’s sister dies in fatal car accident en route to ECU game

Briana Bugg, 17, was tragically killed by an intoxicated driver

On the way to JMU football’s season opener at East Carolina University, Briana Bugg of Park View, VA was tragically killed by an intoxicated driver.

Bugg was traveling with her parents, Glenn and Tracy, and her sister, Meghann Bugg, who is currently a JMU student.

The intoxicated driver has been identified as Glenn Ryland, 45, of Hollister, NC. He was driving a Toyota Solara, crossed the centerline and hit the Buggs' vehicle and a third vehicle. No-one in the third vehicle was injured.

Ryland’s condition has been listed as stable and he has been charged with Driving While Intoxicated and driving on a revoked license. Law enforcement also believes he was exceeding the speed limit.

The hit seriously injured both Briana and Glenn Bugg. Glenn’s condition has been listed as serious but stable, as of Saturday evening. Briana passed away in the hospital.

Our thoughts and prayers are with Meghann Bugg and the Bugg family. Briana was a treasured and valued member of the Park View, and general Virginian, community.

NOW WATCH:
The Tab JMU