Spring Concert this Monday

Looking for a reason to procrastinate? We’ve got you covered

Do you like hip hop? “I ain’t got no type.” Concert on a Monday? Well, “You ain’t got no life.” So where are our seats? We’re in the pit. Dude, how much were those? “I ain’t check the price (I got it). I make my own money so I spend it how I like.”

You’ve heard it here from Rae Sremmurd. This Monday, April 18th they will be performing for us at the Convocation Center. Opening for them is Omen. It’s about to be a hype night with plenty of drops. So drop your homework, grab your friends, and meet me and mine at the concert. I’ll be in the pit, “I’m just living life.”

For those of you who don’t know who Rae Sremmurd is, let me hit you with some of the facts. First off, Rae Sremmurd is actually two guys: Khalif “Swae Lee” Brown & Aaquil “Slim Jimmy” Brown. Yes, they are brothers. And yes their duo name is “drummers ear” spelled backwards. They first hit the music scene in 2013. Prior to that they were part of a threesome with member Andre Harris, where they referred to themselves as Dem Outta St8 Boyz. And prior to that they were homeless. They’ve come a long way, and they are all about getting hype and having fun. So check them out this Monday!

And if for some absurd reason you didn’t get tickets to their concert, check back here in the week following the concert for a follow up article of the experience from yours truly.

*Lyrics from Rae Sremmurd’s No Type

James Madison University