Every reason Ithaca is destroying everyone in university rankings

Today, we’re #6 in the north

The U.S. News & World Report has released their list of “Best Colleges” for 2017 and ranked Ithaca College at #6 out of the 195 institutions in the North. That’s an epic improvement from last year’s meager #9.

The rankings are based on what the magazine considers key measures of an institution’s quality: peer assessment, graduation and retention rates, student selectivity, financial resources, graduation rate performance and more.

But our #6 ranking relies on so much more.

Ithaca was ranked in Top 30 List of LGBTQ-Friendly Colleges & Universities by Campus Pride Index in August 2016, and was also ranked the #2 Best Small College Town by USA Today in April 2016.

Not only are we receiving a great education, but we also getting the best of both world on one campus. IC offers many ways for us to stay involved on campus, practice what we love, and still live the college experience while doing it all.

Ithaca students are always multi-tasking and learning to balance academics and social life.

Butterfield Stadium

Then we have Men’s Journal who named Ithaca one of the 10 Best Places to Live in March 2016. From the small coffee shops, vibrant restaurants, bars, and gorges, we have it all in one small town.

Anyone should come check out Ithaca and IC so they can see why we remain one of the best colleges in the country.

Go Bombers.

Ithaca College