What to wear to at an Ithaca day drink

If you don’t see 10 guys in a row wearing jerseys, are you really at a dage?

It’s finally almost summertime here at Ithaca College, and by that we mean that it’s actually above 50 degrees for once. And once it does get to that almost-bearable-enough-to-spend-a-few-hours-outside temperature, one thing happens: dages.

A dage is an amazing hybrid word us college students used to describe a day drink or a “day rage”, also known as binge drinking with your peers at any designated location during the daytime, also known as Kendall Day dress rehearsal.

Dages are a time in a college student’s life where they can dress however they want without any limits. Night time outfits tend to differ immensely from dage outfits by being on the dressier side here, and we at Ithaca College are pleased to show you just a few ways we like to dress for day drinks. Just one tip though – don’t forget your sunglasses.

Kenneth Bradley, Sophomore & Sidney Vallery, Sophomore

Jerseys may be in, but leaving your jersey open is that much cooler. Be cool like Kenny.

Akili Dorsey-Bell, Sophomore & Serena Berrios, Sophomore

Don’t be afraid to wear a hat like Kili, either.

Madeline Ryan, Freshman, Integrated Marketing Communications

Madeline is on the left

Don’t be afraid to try out something new like Maddy, either. We heart denim even more when it’s in the form of a dress.

Daniel Ball, Sophomore, Integrated Marketing Communications

Daniel is second from the left

Don’t see anything you like on the shelves? Make your own custom jeans like Danny Ball.

Torey Adams, Sophomore, Pre-med

Who says jerseys are just for the guys? Wear it as a dress like Torey, but definitely don’t forget your sunglasses (or candy necklace).

Kiera Murray, Junior, Sports Management

Can’t go wrong with backpacks and braids.

Ithaca College