Rise is the luxury housing we’ve all been waiting for

Finally an apartment company that won’t rip you off

Housing in Iowa City SUCKS. You know I'm right—apartment or house, just about every property's rent costs way more than what it's actually worth. Landlords on college campuses literally seek to profit off of college students by ripping us off with trashy properties, especially for those of us who have to work hard to pay our own rent.

But a new apartment going up near campus, Rise at Riverfront Crossings, is looking to challenge that idea and provide students with luxury housing at an affordable cost.

Image may contain: Campus, Urban, Neighborhood, Building, Scenery, Outdoors, Nature, Landscape, Aerial View

A digital rendering of Rise from above

Believe it or not, Rise isn't just another apartment company. They strive to provide tenants with the best services, all because they genuinely care. Rise sees their tenants are students with needs, not just dollar signs.

I got to visit the Rise office and showroom just downtown next to Jimmy John's on Washington to see the 14-story-building's floor plans and room layouts. I was not disapointed.

Apartments at Rise are available in one bedroom, two bedroom, three bedroom and studio.

Image may contain: Office, Indoors, Table, Furniture, Desk

A digital rendering of a typical bedroom in Rise

Get this, however many bedrooms your apartment has, that's also the number of bathrooms the unit comes with, so everyone gets their own bathroom! Sharing a bathroom with your messy and gross roommate who never cleans is now a thing of the past.

Image may contain: Room, Interior Design, Indoors, Bathroom, Toilet

A digital rendering of a typical apartment bathroom

The apartments also come fully finished, and when I say fully I mean to the MAX. Living rooms, bedrooms and kitchens all come with hardwood floors, quartz countertops, tiling, washer and dryer AND furniture.

When you move in, you'll find a 50" inch TV in your living room and cable service with Big Ten Network and Wi-Fi that actually works *cough cough* Mediacom sucks.

Each floor plan is also available as a Penthouse option, meaning it only comes with more amenities, like a flat screen LED bedroom TV and a bathroom showerhead with a built in Bluetooth speaker system.

Image may contain: Room, Kitchen, Interior Design, Indoors, Electrical Device, Dishwasher, Appliance, Flooring, Vase, Pottery, Potted Plant, Plant, Jar, Flora

A digital rendering of a typical kitchen and living room in a Rise apartment

The building itself comes with amenities available to everyone, including a courtyard deck with a jumbotron perfect for football game viewing, fire pits, grilling stations—oh, and a POOL.

Image may contain: Water, Pool

The courtyard deck at Rise complete with a pool, jumbotron, fire pits and more

The building also comes with a Club Lounge complete with a game and media room, 24-hour fitness center with a suana and yoga studio, study lounge with private study rooms and building-wide Wi-Fi.

Image may contain: Person, People, Human

Rise's 24-hour fitness center, complete with a suana and yoga studio

Rise is also super high tech, with building controls accessable with video and smartphone capabilities, 24-hour security camera surveillance and 24/7 on-site emergency services. And just like the dorms, there's always someone at the front desk to help you at any time.

Image may contain: Housing, Office Building, Urban, Town, Street, Road, City, Building

A digital rendering of what Rise will look like when construction is finished

Alright, Hawkeyes, so you're probably thinking this is all too good to be true. How is ALL of this going to be "affordable"? I'm not gonna lie, these apartments aren't available for the steals you can find in IC for $400-$500 a month. A three bedroom apartment goes for $889 a person and they go up from here, but in my opinion, they're totally worth it.

Hear me out, while Rise units are probably more than you'd be willing to pay for an apartment in Iowa City, if you do the math, it all events out.

Rise comes with furniture, electronics, Wi-Fi, cable and tons of other amenities, just about everything you'd end up paying out of pocket for on top of your rent living anywhere else. Plus utilities are included and Rise won't charge you for a security deposit!

Rise at Riverfront Crossings is a completely realistic option for housing if you're all about that luxury lifestyle. If you're still looking to sign a lease to live off campus next year, consider choosing Rise.

Don't worry, leases for Fall 2018 are still available!

University of Iowa apartment complex Iowa City Rise at Riverfront Crossings student housing University of Iowa