5 last minute costumes sure to win Halloween in Iowa City

Procrastinators, this one’s for you

It’s that time of year again, Hawkeyes, the ~spookiest~ time of the year. While most have already planned their four to five elaborate costumes planned for months in advance, the rest of us need to throw something together reeeal quick before the actual day of Halloween rolls around.

Coming up with the perfect costume every year seems impossible, but if you’re fresh out of ideas, don’t fret, we’ve brainstormed a few that are bound to make you the star of the show this Halloween. After all, Hawks help Hawks.

Ashton Kutcher

Image may contain: Home Theater, Entertainment Center, Electronics, Bench, Sweatshirt, Sweater, Jacket, Clothing, Hat, Cap, Beanie, Human, Person, People

Hello, Wisconsin! Much like our favorite Iowa alum, this costume will be a crowd pleaser. Throw on some 70’s attire or even plain old Iowa gear and boom—Ashton.

Bonus points if you can get your hands on a Delta Chi shirt and snag a selfie with the former Hawkeye’s composite —it’ll be like everyone is seeing double, super trippy.

Not to mention you can easily make this a couple’s costume by adding Mila into the mix!

A Panchero's burrito

pancheros

Whether you’re a Panch or Chipotle fan, this easy costume is sure to get you some laughs.

Just wrap yourself in some tin foil and transform yourself into a walking burrito. Add some chips and queso to the mix for added effect, plus you'll already have a drunk snack for after the bars.

Vodka Sam

Image may contain: Alcohol, Drink, Beverage, Cup, Glass, Bottle, Person, People, Human

An oldie, but a goodie. To refresh your memory, this former Iowa student was arrested after blowing a .341 after a night of drinking and not only lived to tell the tale, but did so by live-tweeting her arrest through her infamous account, @Vodka_Samm. Does the tweet "just went to jail #yolo" ring a bell?

To perfect your Vodka Sam costume, grab a bottle of your vodka of choice, preferably Hawkeye, and go all out for this one.

This idea even doubles a a cute couples costume. Dress up as Vodka Sam and have your boo thing go as a giant bottle of Hawkeye!

Although we can all give Vodka Sam props for her crazy antics, maybe try not to have quite as much fun as she did to earn her claim to fame. Seriously, I’m not suggesting that you end the night in jail.

Kirk Ferentz

Image may contain: Cup, Human, Person, People

HUGE Hawkeye football guy? Then this is the perfect costume for you! Hopefully you can look past our record this year and use this costume to show your school spirit and admiration for our favorite coach, good ol’ Kirk.

Throw on your best Nike Hawkeye gear and pair it with your favorite Iowa beanie or visor. Just a warning, you might be confused with every frat guy ever at an Iowa tailgate.

President Bruce Harreld

Can you think of a better way to show your love for the University of Iowa than to dress up as our 21st president?

This one’s easy enough, all you need to do is grab a suit and perhaps create your own bracket to find the best bars in Iowa City! Or pair a nice yellow dress shirt with a cowboy hat and go as Bruce from last year's Tweet about the university taking and giving back students' scholarships

University of Iowa Ashton Kutcher Bruce Harreld costumes Halloween Iowa City Kirk Ferentz Panchero's Mexican Grill University of Iowa Vodka Sam