The state of Iowa drags Nebraska girl on Twitter

She originally tweeted: ‘Stop complaining about your life, there are people who literally live in Iowa’

We all know that the Midwestern states aren’t exactly the most exciting. We’re proud of our never ending corn fields, rolling hills and cows, lots of cows.

But when an East Omaha, Nebraska girl took to Twitter to bash neighboring state, Iowa, for no apparent reason, the people of Iowa were ready to fire back.

Iowa, home to the country’s kindest Midwesterners, didn’t hold back in defending their state.

These Iowans wasted no time putting this salty Nebraskan in her place. Here are the best clap backs Iowa Twitter had to offer in response to this irrelevant attempt to shame our great state. Take that L, Nebraska.

No hard feelings, Kansas.

RIP Cornhuskers.

Can’t forget that sliced bread.

Who hurt you?

The only separating you from us is the state line, take a seat.

Even Corn Flakes knows. #RollCorn

This is fact. Iowa made the top ten in US News’ 2017 Best States ranking, coming in at No. 6. How did Nebraska place? No. 13.

How could we forget that for being a plain, boring farm state, Iowa has some pretty beautiful sights.

When comparing the two, Nebraska can’t even compete with Iowa. So stop complaining about your life, there are people who literally live in Nebraska.

University of Iowa Cornhuskers Hawkeyes Iowa Nebraska Twitter