Iowa is officially one of the best schools in America

Top 200 baby

Forbes’s annual college rankings were released earlier this week and Iowa has made a strong showing.

Coming in at 184th, this places Iowa solidly in the top third of U.S. universities, beating out the likes of TCU, Baylor, Auburn, and hundreds of others.

Forbes also ranked Iowa’s Tippie Business school as the 26th overall business program and U.S. News and World Report ranks Iowa’s law and medical schools 20th and 33rd in the nation respectively. Additionally, the Iowa Writers Workshop is considered to be the premier program in the nation for creative writing, drawing students from all over the country and the world to come to Iowa City.

The English program at Iowa appeals to U.S. students and international students alike

But the rankings don’t stop in the classroom. The University is just as successful in athletics. We all remember the memorable seasons had by both football and basketball last year. Additionally, the Hawkeye baseball team reached the Big Ten championship game, one year after narrowly missing the college world series and our wrestling program was again one of the premier programs in the nation. All this success surrounding Iowa athletics has certainly grabbed the attention of the Big Ten conference as well as the U.S.

Iowa football is an early favorite to win the west division and return to the Big Ten championship game

Iowa City is also ranked one of the best college towns in America. With an abundance of restaurants, bars, historical theaters like the Englert, and other music venues, there is always something going on in Iowa City. Just recently, Iowa City held its annual Jazz festival throughout downtown and on the pentacrest. Throughout the year, music, art, and film festivals are ever present. Honestly, who wouldn’t want to live in a city with so much going on?

Not only is Iowa a highly ranked university academically, the university and Iowa City are a hub of activity. And college applicants are taking notice. The incoming class of freshman is the largest in university history. With so many great things happening here on campus, and in the surrounding areas, that number will only continue to increase as students across the nation realize just how much Iowa has to offer.

University of Iowa