Why we should all buy a drink for the mom of the group

She is always right

We all have that friend who will be the first to say it themselves: they are the mom of the group.

Sometimes the role may switch around, (I mean don’t we all live for those nights when mom goes hard) but at the end of the day we all owe a lot to the friend helping us find directions, a cab, or maybe the trash can.

They have somehow gained knowledge beyond their years and know about this mystical thing called “moderation.” They know how to actually have “just a couple drinks” when they have actual responsibilities to think of. They’ll probably even try to spread this knowledge to you and tell you when you should stop drinking- but if we learned anything from the ages of 13-18 isn’t it that we love doing the things our mom tells us not to?

Friend moms watching their group make fools of themselves on the dance floor are just like real moms watching their toddlers first try to play organized sports. They know that everything looks awkward and that their kids are probably going to fall eventually, but they still cheer for them.

Mom’s can actually read a GPS and communicate with cab drivers. This is vital.

Just like taking a guy home to meet your actual mom for the first time; mom’s have the best judgement of character. Even a mom’s strong but subtle shake of the head is enough to steer you away from the wrong guy when you’re out.

Unlike your real mom, friend moms are ok with junk food past midnight. If you’re lucky like me, they’ll even make it for you.

She even strained our Ramen for us like we asked

Mom will never let you get arrested. She knows when to leave, when to make you be quiet, and when to use her stern voice.

Mom’s have purses like Hermoine in Harry Potter. Need a tampon? Chapstick? Phone charger? Mamas got you.

And of course, even though they told you this would happen and you ignored them, mom is always there to hold your hair and tell you it’s all ok.

So everybody, please, thank the mom of the group. They’ve earned it.

University of Iowa national-us