Iowa students are getting tattooed in their University dorm rooms

What could possibly go wrong?

There are some crazy things that happen in college, we all know that. However, recent events have taken that craziness to a whole new level.

Over the weekend, a brand new tattoo parlor has opened up, and it’s inside one of the dorm rooms.

An aspiring young artist on campus is spreading their talent to friends by giving small tattoos with an ink gun purchased on the internet for a low cost.

You can choose any color tattoo you want, and in less than an hour you’ll be inked and ready to go.

It sounds quite sketchy to get a dorm room tattoo. You’re always warned about getting AIDS and having serious harm done to your skin.

Not to mention you’re trusting a college student with very little practice to put an ink gun to your skin and mark you permanently. However, the artist assures us we are in safe hands.

They have taken the required tests and will have a legal license delivered in a mere few weeks.

… they say so, anyway.

Not to mention, they do quite an amazing job.

All of the tattoos that have been done so far have turned out brilliantly – and the “clients” are pleased with the artist’s work.

Our artist said: “I think dorm tattoos could have more of an artistic feel to it because I am more comfortable with the people I am tattooing, so that gives me more of a chance to really feel out what they want.

“Plus once I put the stencil on they aren’t afraid to tell me if it looks like shit or not.

“This is a great way for me to work on something I could one day see turning into a career for me.”

Another perk about these dorm room tats is the atmosphere.

For those who have tattoos, you know it can be slightly nerve racking to be in a tattoo parlor with a stranger so close to your skin and crazy music blaring through the speakers.

In the dorm room, however, the people are friends and jokes are cracking like whips one after the other.

For example, while tattooing one guy’s butt our artist couldn’t stop saying things like, “prepare your booty for penetration,” and, “cheeky seeing you here.”

While it may not sound like the smartest idea in the world and your mom will probably freak out, who could turn down a free tattoo when even the smallest ones are priced around $60 at the local parlor?

Just ask one of the people who got tatted and they’ll praise the experience for days.

One of the student clients said: “I liked that I got something I wanted and I had someone who I knew do it which was cool.

“It made me feel like I’d get closer to what I want because they have heard about it for so long.”

And if you happen to be one of the few college students who aren’t worried about the financial aspect,  it still makes for a great story.

So, whether you’re looking for a random tattoo on your butt or something with meaning, we’ve found the perfect person.

If you catch word of a dorm tat opportunity, seize the chance as quickly as possible.

University of Iowa