Every laptop sticker you’ll see at the University of Iowa

It’s amazing how much you can learn about someone by how they’ve graffitied their tech…

Walking around a college campus,  there are lots of people typing away on their computers. Whether they’re in a coffee shop, the library or even in class, laptops can be seen everywhere – I know I can’t live without mine.

Now, shiny, clean laptops lids aren’t enough. There’s a new trend taking over. Millions of stickers are now being placed on the back of computer screens like a mini bulletin board.

You can learn a lot about a stranger’s personalities and interests just by the stickers they have on their computer.

It’s almost as if we have a mini look into their personal lives…

The most common stickers that I have noticed are sorority or fraternity stickers as well as hometown representations.

Seen above, Rachel Palmer, freshman, has her Chicago flag as well as a Chicago Bulls logo – because who doesn’t like to be hometown reppin’.

Skyler Hendricks, freshman, has her Tri Delta sorority sticker in fun pizza slice shapes. She also has her “Central Perk” sticker from the amazing show, Friends. Who doesn’t love some fun accessories to make your computer actually interesting and cute?

Obviously Skyler’s Netflix fiend – you can tell from her Gossip Girl stickers as well as the Grey’s Anatomy artwork. The lyrics from Taylor Swift’s album Red ensure everyone knows she’s a T-Swizzle fan.

Ugh, GODDESS.

Kelly Franklin, freshman, has an array of different types of stickers. She has a fun looking emoji, a Hawkeye because, well… duh, the University of Iowa is the best, and a couple fun Kappa Kappa Gamma stickers.

Then we have the queen again, Taylor Swift. The lion and the planets are different and tell a little bit about her personality.

Max Kalmes, also a freshman, has the most amazing sticker I have ever seen…. Yeezy for president 2020!

As you can see, she’s obviously a big Kanye fan. She also has a Vineyard Vines whale with a santa hat which has become a very popular clothing brand over the past couple of years – clearly a fashionista.

She’s always reppin’ KKG!

Julia Coulter, freshman has popular brand stickers on her computer. Patagonia, as well as the Vineyard Vines wale in an adorable Lily Pulitzer print. Julia is from Minnesota and you can tell just by the Minnesota state outline of the sticker as well as, “life is better at the lake”.

She’s a supporter of the brand “Love your Melon” as well as Corepower Yoga.

Carly Iacullo, freshman, has a lot of stickers related to music.

Drake is obviously the man, so why wouldn’t you love showing off his song lyrics as well as his album cover logo? You can tell that Carly is into oldie-but-goodie movies like the Breakfast Club and old television shows like Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and Sponge Bob Squarepants.

Abby Aldeen, sophomore, has a mild obsession with elephants. Her little mom and baby elephant sticker show a lot about her love for animals and her kind personality.

Less is sometimes more, and this is super adorable!

Molly Hrubresky, also a Tab writer and a freshman, shows off her real priorities *ahem* food, by having a Chipotle sticker because obviously chipotle is still and always will be the best food, an array of sushi, and ice cream. She also shows her hometown of Madison, Wisconsin because she is Packers fan  and has to make sure everyone knows it.

My personal favorite sticker is the “Prada” sticker that has the slashes through the p and the a to spell out “rad”. It’s pretty rad.

University of Iowa