Celebrating 169 years of Hawkeye greatness

What a year it’s been already

Happy Birthday to the best school in Iowa, the country, and definitely the world.

Not only has this year been a fun one, it’s been a memorable one too.

The Hawkeyes won 12 games in a row 

LETS GO HAWKS!! As a university, we’ve never been 12-0 with football. Kirk has really turned this season into something fantastic.

There were two night games this season including the blackout game against Minnesota – featuring the hot new all black uniforms.

Spice.

Homecoming

Our amazing football team beat the University of Illinois 29-20.

Save the date for next year’s homecoming… September 30th-October 1st with the big game against Northwestern!

Besides football, the university was popping with school spirit and activities for students to take part in.

The Homecoming Parade was incredible, and students were able to volunteer for service hours to help out with it. It was also a huge week for Greek Life. Iowa SHOUT! is a mini dance contest put on by greek life that features all of the chapters.

The winner this year was Pi Beta Phi and Beta Theta Pi, but all of the houses performed amazingly and made this Homecoming a great one.

In Kirk we trust 

Not only did our football team do well this year, but our basketball team has been in the top 25 throughout the season. POW.

Everybody doubts our sports teams, however this year we gave them our all – we’re still killing it.

What a great birthday for Iowa’s spending in the top 10!

Dance Marathon – for the kids

The University’s Dance Marathon 22 was a huge success this year, raising a whopping $2,424,031.22 for children and their families battling cancer.

The dancers worked super hard, and everybody is already looking forward to DM 23.

The Caucus 

This was a very special time at the university because it only happens every four years.

Being in Iowa at this time is amazing, and this birthday is particularly special because of it. Many students caucused this year, and around campus many groups were voicing their opinions out in public trying to get people to come caucus with them.

Most importantly, the results from Iowa had a serious impact. For the Democrats, all but Bernie and Hillary remain. For the Republicans, Ted Cruz took home the prize followed by Trump taking second buy only by a little to Marco Rubio.

Being on campus during the caucus was an experience nobody could ever forget.

And everything else!

What’s to come?

Baseball season, march madness, and graduation.

For the seniors here graduating this spring, live it up on campus! This past year has been amazing for the university and the next birthday is the big 170.

I don’t know about you, but I’m ready for another amazing year here at the University of Iowa!

University of Iowa