I used Tinder to campaign for Bernie Sanders

Swipe right for Sanders

Ahhh Tinder, what a great place to get a date and…. votes?

Throughout the last few months I have had a political fever, pretty much you could say I have been “berning”. I am one of the many millennials who has been labeled as a “Bernie Babe” or a “Sanders Sister” because of my devout devotion to the one and only, Bernie Sanders.

Supporting Sanders was never a question to me – personally I believe that he is our best bet for the democratic presidential nomination, and eventually the presidency.

Throughout the months before the Iowa Caucus I would go into the local field office to canvas, otherwise known as those political calls the plague your phone during campaigning season. Yes, I got hung up on many times, but that didn’t bother me. Because every now and then I would get someone who was just as die hard “berning” as I was, and it made me feel like we could do this.

After the caucus I got bored.

There was no longer a reason to call people to come out and caucus for Bernie because they already had, bringing us to a virtual tie with fellow candidate Hillary Clinton.

One night I was on my favorite Facebook page, Bernie Sanders’ Dank Meme Stash, and I saw people posting photos of them telling members of the opposite sex to go out and vote for Bernie on Tinder. Then I had the idea …

It wouldn’t be that hard for me to get some people to go out and vote in their own upcoming primaries and caucuses.  Perfect pre-bedtime activity.

I started in New Hampshire.  I was surprised by how easily guys believed the reason I was almost 1000 miles away was because I was thinking of transferring.

Some people were very open to going out and voting for Bernie if I were to give them something back to them…

Oh okay Victor, I am feeling the Bern for sure, but not really feeling the burn for you, so I don’t think I will, sorry.

Some people caught on pretty quickly what I was doing.  Because they felt the Bern too, we ended up finding out that most of the Bernie Sanders Dank Meme stash posts that we liked were mostly mutual.

Thanks for voting Parker!

Other people took a little bit longer to figure out why I was messaging them, not quite grasping the fact that I am more attracted to that cute old man than I was to them.

Drew wasn’t too happy when I told him my true intentions, and promptly unmatched with me right after telling me to get off his Tinder, but that I inspired him to look up more of who he should vote for.

Other people were just plain ole’ sweet hearts.

Patrick, although we never are to meet in person I can sure say that your willing to things for your lady is just as steller as your mirror pic selfies.

Some people brought in the humor, because all the ladies love that don’t they?

Thomas and I then bonded over the hilarity that is the one and only Donald Trump.

Tomorrow I start to try and sway the lovely men of Nevada, hoping to make them start to think with the head on their shoulders while swiping on Tinder.

The fever is real for me and all I can say to you is, Bern baby Bern.

University of Iowa