People are grossed out by this vomit-filled basin on third floor Currier

What’s brown and sticky? Yet another reason to hate dorm bathrooms

Someone had an upset stomach this weekend, and the sink of a third floor Currier bathroom heard all about it.

Everyone who lives in the dorms can most likely throw out at least one bathroom horror story. We’ve seen all sorts of disasters, especially during the weekends when people tend to get a bit crazy. This weekend, the top nasty bathroom story goes to third floor Currier.

Being a girl, I was blessed not to face the guys’ East wing bathroom on Saturday- but not everyone was as lucky as myself. Those who did have to enter the area are able to confirm a disgusting sight…not to mention the smell. At first glance, it seemed as though someone climbed up, sat on the sink, and let it all loose. The windows were open, but the unbearable smell still lingered in the room as guys tried to shower in the morning. First reaction – why in the hell would you poop in the bathroom sink?

After consulting with the wing RA, we came to the realization that the disaster was actually caused by someone puking up a burrito. Still awful, but at least it wasn’t diarrhea…

A few questions still arise with this new information. First off, how crazy was his night that he ended up puking in a bathroom sink? To add on to that, why the sink? There’s a toilet nearly three feet from where you were standing, so wouldn’t that seem like a better choice for everyone’s sake? If nothing else we are all grateful that he at least made it to the bathroom, because having that on the floor would have been a million times worse.

If this were the girls’ bathroom, I’m not sure I’d ever wash my hands in that sink again. Honestly, I’m not sure I’d ever want to even enter that bathroom again. As for the guys, our greatest sympathies to you and your bathroom janitor!

University of Iowa