The cutest Tailgate clothes in Iowa City

Whether you’re heading to a lecture or to The Union, Tailgate has you covered

Showing Hawkeye pride throughout Iowa City is a must. You are not considered an “Iowan” until you own at least 5-10 things with a herky on them.

I know, as a student, that walking to class, sitting in class, and walking back to my dorm, I see 15 people or more proudly wearing that adorable Hawkeye logo.

When I first committed to the University of Iowa, I knew I had to have the cutest gear. I came on to campus for orientation and insisted that I buy a t-shirt, a sweatshirt and hopefully more apparel at Tailgate Clothing located on Clinton St. Let me start by saying how adorable the front of the store is. You can tell by the outside that you are going to walk into the store you won’t be walking out empty handed.

The staff is filled with the nicest and most outgoing people which totally helps give Tailgate Clothing an amazing name. The vintage look of the store as well as the rustic vibe of the clothing is to die for. The store is filled with both men’s and women’s apparel as well as crazy cute accessories like hats, socks, water bottles, etc. They also have a website if you’re not a local.

I love this type of style and I know that if you’re looking to be the cutest at Summit on a Saturday, then you should head over to Tailgate Clothing.

To get to know a little bit about Tailgate the brand, I contacted Natalie Schneckloth who is the Marketing Director and works in the Iowa City store.

Tailgate was started back in 1997 by Iowa Fashion Designer, Toddy Snyder. He went through the Fashion Design Program at Iowa State and really wanted something a bit nicer to wear to to college sporting events. Therefore, he started designing his own collegiate tees out of his basement and the company has been primarily web based and wholesale accounts since.

Nate Kaeding reached out to Todd Snyder a few years back to bring the brand to Iowa City and create the first brick and mortar for the company. Natalie also told me a little bit about the Iowa City store itself.

She said: “The Iowa City store has been open for a year and a half and really thrives on creating the vintage feel around the University of Iowa as well as celebrates all things Iowa City. We have an “Iconic Iowa City” collection that features all the popular spots to eat and hang out around the area, including Prairie Lights, The Mill, John’s Grocery, Hamburg Inn and Pagliai’s.”

With our Iowa basketball team being on fire right now, I have decided to pair a couple looks that you could wear for the game, a tailgate, or just around campus. The best part is that this type of outfit is super laid back but adorable. Even when you are rolling out of bed to go to class, it is very easy to grab your favorite Tailgate t-shirt because it is totally comfortable and chic.

Not only is Tailgate Clothing one of the best stores on campus, but the gear is super affordable. The t-shirts range around $34 a shirt. Obviously the typical “broke college student” can’t be dropping a fortune on gear. You can pair this look seen below with any adorable jean or legging and a plaid shirt to top it off.

Head over to the Tailgate for some amazing new colligate clothing as well as meeting some friendly staff. They are amazing people and have the cutest store to shop around in.

Spring is around the corner and you can never not give in to treating “yoself” to something new!

University of Iowa